SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
The Hamlet of Chesterfield Inlet has a requirement for a Senior Administrative Officer position with a strong background in public administration, financial management and demonstrated effectiveness as a communicator and civic promoter.
Responsible to the Mayor and Council, the successful candidate will direct, administer and coordinate the affairs of the Hamlet of Chesterfield Inlet and oversee all aspects of the municipal administration. A critical focus of the role will be to assist in the development and implementation of corporate policies and goals that cover municipal operations, human resources in a unionized environment, financial performance and growth.
Chesterfield Inlet is a small community on the west coast of Hudson Bay in Nunavut with a population of approximately 400 people, mostly Inuit, and is accessible by daily flights.
- A recognition diploma or degree in a Municipal Government, Public Administration or Management field.
- Formal training in Local Government Administration
- 3-5 years Municipal experience
The Hamlet of Chesterfield Inlet will provide comprehensive benefits packaged based on qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package may be negotiable. Three bedroom housing is available with furniture.
- Familiarization with statutory responsibilities as specified in the Hamlets act and other associated Acts of Nunavut.
- Knowledge of government operations, statutes, by-laws and policy making.
- Familiarization with computerized municipal accounting systems, budgeting and government assistant programs.
- Good problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to handle staff with diplomacy and fairness.
- Experience working in a cross-culture environment.
- The ability to speak in Inuktitut would be considered an asset.
- The successful candidate must be bondable and clearance of a Criminal Records Check is a prerequisite.
Open until filled. Please send your resume to:
Hamlet of Chesterfield Inlet
P.O. Box 10
Chesterfield Inlet, Nunavut, Canada XOC OBO
ph: 1-867-898-9951 or fax: 1-867-898-9108